Transfer Courses

  • If you have taken or plan to take a course at an Arizona University or Community College, please review the Course Equivalency Guide to see how the course transfers to UA. 
  • Please note that the Registrar’s Office will evaluate 1) if a course is transferrable to UA and 2) If a course is upper or lower division.  These determinations are not made by an advisor.  An advisor can tell you how the credits can be applied to your degree once they are accepted and transferred.
  • To obtain Pre-Approval of transfer credit, please refer to the Transfer Credit Pre-Approval Form.  To ensure that courses will transfer and fulfill requirements, please make sure to get approval prior to enrolling in a course at an out-of-state school.
  • There are some lower division Communication courses that are offered at Pima Community College. Check the Course Equivalency Guide. COMM coursework at Pima is listed under the SPE prefix. 
  • Please note that a maximum of 64 community college transfer units may be applied to the total units needed for graduation.
  • If you are an incoming transfer student, please make an appointment with a Communication advisor.  Do not come to walk-in hours.  An appointment will give us ample time to review your transfer credit and answer your questions.
  • For additional assistance with the transfer process, please refer to The Transfer Student Center.
  • It is always in your best interest to meet with your advisor to discuss transfer credits.  Please make an appointment here:
  • Transfer students from Pima Community College can find important information attached below. While this information is specific to Pima CC, students transferring from other schools may also find the information valuable. 




Related Topic(s): 

College of Social and Behavioral Sciences