How do I contact my advisor?
First, check to see if your question has already been answered in the Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not answered there, refer to the following steps based on your request. Visit the advisor page to find their contact information.
- Major program questions: schedule an advising appointment
- Minor program questions: email your advisor
- Prospective students: email your advisor
- Transfer students: sign up for a Transfer Orientation through Next Steps. You will meet your advisor at the orientation.
- Sign-in to Trellis Advise using your NetID and password
- Click on the link "Meet with my Advisor" under your advisor's picture - you can view all the appointments available
- Filter by appointment type and select an appointment type
- To schedule an appointment with your advisor, select an availability block (in blue)
- You can view appointment details, select meeting type, and leave a message about what you would like to discuss
- Click "Confirm" to book an appointment
- Appointment details will also be emailed to you
Please make an appointment with an advisor for help with the following:
- Course registration
- Schedule planning (beyond next semester)
- Verify existing schedule
- Questions about declaring the COMM Major or COMM Minor
- MCWA Fulfillment
- Study Abroad
- ROTC/Military Forms
- Thematic Minors
- Transfer Evaluation/New Transfer Students
- SAP Appeals (submit paperwork prior to appointment)
- International Student Paperwork (Concurrent Enrollment, OPT, etc.)
- Second Language Substitution Forms
Drop-in hours and 20-minute appointments are open to all undergraduate students. Drop-Ins and 20-minute appointments are meant to answer quick questions but advisors will do their best to accommodate your request in the short appointment. Visit Trellis Advise to see our most up to date schedules.
New availability for the upcoming week is posted Thursday Afternoons.
- Monday, April 10th - 20 minute appointments open to all students in Morning & Afternoon
- Tuesday, April 11th - 20 minute appointments open to all students in Morning & Afternoon
- Wednesday, April 12th - 20 minute appointments open to all students in Morning & Afternoon
- Thursday, April 13th - 20 minute appointments open to all students in Morning. Drop-ins, open to all students, 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM.
- Friday, April 14th - 20 minute appointments open to all students in Morning
Use Trellis to View an Advisor’s Appointments/Drop-Ins. Watch the Trellis appointment tutorial for instructions on how to make appointments.