Applications open March 1, 2022
Deadline for Fall 2022 Admission: April 15, 2022
The Accelerated MA Program (AMP) in Communication allows students who qualify to complete 12 credits of graduate level coursework during the fourth year of their undergraduate program. After one additional year of graduate courses, students in this program will graduate from the University of Arizona with both a bachelor’s and master’s degree.
This highly competitive program requires students take 12 graduate credits as an undergraduate student and complete 22 graduate credits as a graduate student. AMP students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in graduate coursework.
GRE scores are not required to be admitted into the AMP.
- Undergraduate Communication major entering their senior year in the Fall
- Completion of a minimum of 75 undergraduate credit hours at the time of the application; a minimum of 90 undergraduate credit hours required at the time of entry into the program
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 at the time of entry into the program
- Completion of at least 12 undergraduate credits in the Communication major at the University of Arizona’s Main Campus
- Completion or near completion of general education requirements
- Demonstration of maturity necessary for success in an accelerated, highly competitive program
- Submission of a graduate application and payment of application fee
- Expectation to complete the undergraduate degree within four years*
When to Apply
- Apply during the spring of your junior year
- Application site opens in March
How to Apply
Please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator, Daniel Andrés Dominguez, with any questions and inquiries. Interested students are also encouraged to contact the Director of Graduate Studies, Dr. Jennifer Stevens Aubrey.
|AMP Admission Requirements + Degree and Tuition Policies||225.37 KB|
|AMP Announcement 2022||539.85 KB|
|COMM APM Requirements 2022||274.47 KB|
|AMP Flier 2022||133.64 KB|