How to get started
- Create a graduation plan with your advisor before you start your study abroad planning. That way, you'll know whether studying abroad fits into your graduation timeline.
- Search for a UA Study Abroad Program*. Click here to view all study abroad programs
- Meet with a Study Abroad Coordinator to determine which program is the best fit for you. You can also attend weekly info sessions, or Walk-Ins. Click here to meet with a Coordinator
- After choosing a program, meet with your COMM Advisor to select your courses**.
- Apply to the program you have chosen. It is recommended that you choose only one program, since you will be charged a non-refundable fee of $80.00 per opened application.
Meeting with your Advisor
During your appointment, we will discuss requirements, a course plan, and complete your Study Abroad Course Selection Form.
If you are NOT planning to study in Orvieto with Arizona in Italy...
You will need to complete the following steps before making an appointment with a COMM advisor:
- Choose a program and select the courses you would like to take.
- Email your advisor the list of courses with links to specific course descriptions. Include more courses than you plan to take.
- Advisors will respond within 1-2 weeks with course approval. Please plan ahead!
- Finally, make an appointment with your advisor.
If you ARE planning to study in Orvieto with Arizona in Italy...
Required for your Appointment
Be sure to bring the Course Selection Form, and Transfer Pre-Approval Form (if applicable) with you to your appointment, or you will need to reschedule.
For additional information, visit https://global.arizona.edu/study-abroad/prospective-students.