Major Change Information Sessions- please see
https://comm.arizona.edu/application for the new admission process.
Walk In Advising Schedule (subject to change)
Location: Communication, Room 115
- Wednesday, August 2nd, 9:30AM-11:30AM
- Monday, August 14th, 1:30PM-3:30PM
- Wednesday, August 16th, 2:00PM-4:00PM
- Monday, August 21st, 9:30AM-11:30AM & 1:30PM-3:30PM
- Tuesday, August 22nd, 9:30AM-11:30AM & 1:30PM-3:30PM
- Wednesday, August 23rd, 9:30AM-11:30AM
- Thursday, August 24th, 1:30PM-4:00PM
- Monday, August 28th, 9:30AM-11:30AM & 1:30PM-3:30PM
- Thursday, August 31st, 9:30AM-11:30AM & 1:30PM-3:30PM
Randy Yazzie, last names M-Z firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication Building Room 115 Just a quick question? Check the FAQs page first!
Before you email an advisor, please read ALL the information below:
Advisors do NOT schedule appointments via email. Appointments can only be scheduled by Communication majors by using WiseAdvising.
Appointments are only available for current COMM majors. All students are eligible to attend walk-in advising hours. Please see to the right for walk-in advising hours.
COMM Minor advising is only available via email or walk-in hours.
STU 210 students from Pima Community College: Please complete all items in your Next Steps, especially the Transfer Student Academic Preview (TSAP) before coming to walk-ins for advising assistance.
Email may be used by all students. Please allow 3-5 business days for a response. The email is checked Monday - Friday 8am-5pm. Saturday and Sunday are not business days.
Walk-in hours are on a first-come, first-served basis, and afternoons tend to be busier. Meetings are ten minutes maximum, so not all concerns can be addressed in a walk-in. You are not guaranteed to meet with your assigned academic advisor during walk-ins. If you must meet with them specifically, please schedule an appointment. Please see below for guidelines.
Interested in declaring the COMM major?
There is a new admission process for the major, please view the application process webpage for more details. Prospective students are limited to walk-in advising only.
Should I make an appointment or come to walk-ins?
Walk-In advising is recommended for:
- COMM Minors
- Prospective COMM students
- General information on course offerings
- Registration questions
- Verify existing schedule
- General information about COMM major/minor requirements
- Questions about COMM major application process
- MCWA Fulfillment
- STU 210 Students
Appointments are required for:
- Schedule planning (beyond next semester)
- Study Abroad
- ROTC/Military Forms
- Thematic Minors
- Transfer Evaluation/New Transfer Students
- SAP Appeals (submit paperwork prior to appointment)
- International Student Paperwork (Concurrent Enrollment, OPT, etc.)