Prerequisites to Declaring the Communication Major
- Continuing students must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0, no pending incomplete grades, and must attend a major change information session.
- There are NO courses required before declaring the major.
How to Declare the Major
Students must attend a mandatory major change information session (RSVP required).
- Sessions will be in person and will be available on the following dates:
(Please note that if the date you are looking for is not available for RSVP, please be patient as it will be added. DO NOT contact the department directly but instead if you have questions please contact the academic advisors.)
- For Summer/Fall 2017 Admission:
- February 3, 2017
- February 10, 2017
- February 15, 2017
- February 24, 2017
- March 3, 2017
- March 8, 2017
- No sessions available duing Fall 2017 Priority Registration
- April 21, 2017
- April 28, 2017
- May 3, 2017
**Important Course Registration Information**:
Declaring the Communication major does not guarantee registration in Communication courses. Registration is on a first come first served basis during priority registration and then again during open enrollment, additionally, courses are subject to prerequisite requirements. Course registration information will be discussed in more detail during the major change session. Please note, all prerequisites for Communication courses are waived during the summer and winter terms.